Blattner becomes the County Library.
In 1926 the Aurora Hills Library opened with support from the Jefferson District Women's Club.
Area libraries to have reciprocal borrowing privileges with partnering institutions in the area.In January 1948 the Shirlington branch opened as the Fairlington a pocket guide to public speaking branch.By 1937, the County Librarian had been selected, Eleanor Leonard.He remains in the position until 1994 when he resigns.2, branch Establishment Information edit, arlington Public Library began in the late 1800s with a book collection stored for the.In November 1954, Jane.Kurzweil, reading Machine was added to the offered services.In 2000, eBooks become available through the library's website followed by eAudiobooks in 2004.Fairlington, branch Library opens in January 1948.Area to have a video cassette system, located at Central Library.In 2000 eBooks were added.The, arlington Public Library started as a community library in Glencarlyn in the late 1800s.The library is opened in January 1949.Glencarlyn community at, carlin Hall that was run by the, young People's Library Association.In 1926, The Aurora Hills Library was started by the Jefferson District Women's Club.Clarendon Library was closed in 1927 when Citizen's Hall was sold.The program is given a 2011 Outstanding Achievement in Local Government Innovation Award from the Alliance for Innovation.It was reopened in 1928 at a new location.In 1981, A Kurweil Reading Machine for the blind becomes a part of the Central Library.Friedman retired in 2006.In 1936, the Department of Libraries is established through the Arlington County Board.
Then in 1923 the Burdett Library opened in after endowment by General Samuel.
Barbara Donnellan becomes Acting Director until 1995 when Ann.